Dear Family and Friends,
Aaron, Carson and I wanted to take a few minutes to let you know what is happening in our lives. We have been extremely blessed with a wonderfully lively and energetic son in Carson and our home renovations are just about completed. We know now that our calling is to share it. From the beginning of our marriage we have always known that we were going to become adoptive parents. Through much prayer, thought, and consideration we have decided that now is the time to add a child in need of a family into ours.
We have begun the process of adopting a child from the Democratic Republic of Congo in Africa. We discovered that we found the perfect fit for our family in the DRC. We are excited to see what God has in store for our family and our future child. We are told in the Bible that God “knows the plans he has for you (us)” and strongly believe that our child is in our plan in the same way that we are in theirs.
As we embark on this journey there is much that we must accomplish on our route to bring home our new baby Marvin. As you may expect adoption is an expensive process (around $23,000), we have gone back in forth for months about when is the right time to adopt. Is it when you have saved the thousands of dollars needed to complete the adoption or is it ok to take a leap of faith and know that God will provide?
After much time in prayer and talking with family and friends we have decided to go for it! We know it’s going to be a long journey, but we are prepared to see what God has in store for us.
We wanted to share with all of our friends and family some exciting fundraising opportunities we are planning and the ways you can help us on our journey. Here’s how….
1) Prayer: Please pray for our new child, the orphanage, the families, the caregivers, the government officials, the agency and for us; as we will all be connected in some way during this process.
2) Purchase a tote bag, puzzle piece, or t-shirt (or all three!!!). (Give us a call or see the blog for details)
3) Donate items for our Adoption Garage Sale. (We are planning our first one for early September. Please call or email us and we can pick it up)
4) Donate Money towards our adoption fund. (For tax deductible donations make out a check to OWAS with a note stating the check is for Aaron and April Marvin and that you would like a receipt sent back. You can also send it to us (still made out to OWAS ) and we will make sure you receive your receipt back)
5) Follow our adventure online at THEMARVINADVENTURE.BLOGSPOT.COM