Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Pennies.....

So today I went to the bank with our garage sale money, money from some bags I have sold recently, and with our change jar. We have been collecting pennies for a few years now and guessed we had about $20 in our little bag. We also had some other change in another jar so I decided to take it all in and just count it with our garage sale total. I was amazed watching the coin counter total go up. There was almost $30 in just pennies! Aren't pennies wonderful?!?! That pretty much made my day! Total we had $96 in change alone.
I am so grateful to everyone who has donated money towards our adoption. We really can't do this without you. I grew up hearing the African saying "it takes a village to raise a child." I definitely know that is true; and I know in our case, it's also taking a village to bring our child home!
We are getting close to having our first payment in. Hopefully we can get it in before the end of the month and start the next set of paperwork called the Dossier. The Dossier is the set of legal documents and other paperwork required for an international adoption. There are a bunch of forms that go into a dossier and from what I understand it can be a very long process. Please continue to pray for us during this process. We know its going to take a lot of organization and patience to complete everything needed, but the end of that process means we are at the referral stage and will one day get to see a picture of our new little addition!!!
I know I will be saying this a lot, but Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to everyone for your prayers, donations, and kind words. We are so excited to continue on this journey with the help of our friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment