Thursday, December 20, 2012

What a difference a year makes.....

Our adoption journey started about a year and a half ago.  Some days it seems like it was forever ago and others I feel like it wasn't too bad of a wait (although I think I can only say that now that we are so close to bringing our son home). Looking back at our timeline I am so in awe of our journey,  it wasn't easy, but we are almost to our "Gotcha Day"!

On November 28, 2011 we send our i600a paperwork in to the US.  This paper was asking the US government if we could adopt a child and bring him home to become a US citizen.  Now this year on November 28, 2012 Aaron met our son for the first time! The son we have been praying and planning for the last year.  I am a little sad that I wasn't able to go on this trip too, but in the end it won't matter. (And Carson got his first flu ever and  I was sick with a cold. So I guess in the end it was good for me to still be at home). We will soon have our son and bring him home to meet the rest of his family and all his new friends!

So what happens next:
Aaron will be returning home this weekend and we will wait for our sons visa to be issued. Our embassy interview was on Friday Nov. 30th and were praying the visa is issued some time in the first week of December. As soon as it is issued Aaron and I will travel to DRC to get our Son. He will then be ours! We will then apply and wait for our exit letter.  This will allow us to leave the country with him. That could take from 1-2 weeks.  Once that letter is issued we will return home and start our new lives!

I am so excited to begin this next step in our adoption adventure.  I am very realistic when it comes to knowing the challenges we will face , but also know that we will do everything for our kids well being. Our two boys are the most important things in our lives and they will be our first priorities especially right after we come home. There will be a big change in our everyday workings, we will spend more time at home than we ever have in our almost 7 years of marriage. Please take a look at the previous post for more information on our "Cocooning" plan and if you have any question please talk to us!

Thank you all for your love and  support! This journey has been apart of  your lives as well and we can't wait to show your family of four!

Love, April

No comments:

Post a Comment