So with the last post I kind of hinted to that fact that some big things were happening with our adoption.
So here it is...................................
-We've decided to leave our agency and have signed on with another agency. We are absolutely thrilled to be with this new agency. It was one we tried to sign up with in the beginning, but I guess God only knew the best timing and it is now! A lot of people have questioned our decision to leave our agency after about 10 months, but we want everyone to know that we didn't come to this decision lightly. We have been praying, talking, (more) praying, and investigating for months. There are many reasons behind our decision, but I'm not going to share them here. If you have any questions or are just curious please call or email us and we will be able to share some more details with you. Just know this was the right move for our family.
- We are so excited for these changes. The new agency we are with has more of a humanitarian focus for the children of Africa. We are thrilled for the opportunity to partner with them and for the ability to stay connected long after our child comes home.
- And the biggest news of all is.........................
WE HAVE A REFERRAL!!! He is beautiful. We cannot share his picture, but believe us it's true! We actually don't know his age, but think he is about 2 years old. We are completely overjoyed with our new little guy, and can't wait to meet him in person. We want to bring him home as soon as possible!!!!
What happens next...........
1. Finish getting our dossier ready for our new agency. Were currently waiting on one piece of paper!
2. Our agency will get everything together and sent to the lawyer.
3. WAITING.... Lots of stuff with happen once our paperwork gets in country, and then we will have a few things to do, and then our lawyer will have some more things to do. (I really don't have a clear picture of whats going to happen, but we'll figure it out as it goes!)
4. After we pass court and wait out all that entails, we will hopefully be on a plane to bring him home. This whole process will take 4-6 months.
With everything happening so quickly, we are going into extreme fundraising mode!
The fee schedule is a little different with the agency and actually worked out in our favor. The majority of the fees we will need to pay are closer to the end of this journey. This is great news for us because it will give us the time to continue to save and fundraise over the next few months.
At the moment we are selling puzzle pieces and getting ready for another garage sale. Were hoping to have the sale in a few weeks, but it will really depend on the weather. We are still looking for donations, so if you have some items you'd like to get rid of we can pick them up!
Thank you for all your prayers, love, and support. If you have any questions please talk with us individually or through email.
Love, April & Aaron